Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Clear Eyes. Full Heart. Can't Lose.

Well I guess, in short, I'm very grateful for you... family. I owe it all to you. I could talk to you for days. Thanks for uplifting me and helping me feel so loved. My heart is very full.


I'll explain a little more about the miracle that happened yesterday. So for the past couple weeks my prayers and fasts have been very specific for finding, teaching, and baptizing prepared people in this area. I promised Heavenly Father that I would do everything on my part and asked if He would lead me to the people who are really seeking for the truth... and I've definitely seen it happening with four of our investigators but... I knew there was more. And there still is... but here's the story:


We got a call late Saturday night from a member in Redmond who said that his brother's girlfriend was wanting to learn about the gospel and he was going over to their house Sunday at 4:00pm and asked if we could come. So we went over and started talking to her. Right off the bat she opened up to us about how she's wanting to have God in her life. She wants to be led by Him into the peace and happiness that she's doesn't feel. She wants relief and security. It was beautiful. We told her how God is literally her Father in Heaven. He cries when she's sad and celebrates when she's happy. He loves her so much. I could feel it. I could feel how much He loves her... and everyone. Just a small portion of it.. and it was overwhelming. We invited her to be baptized on June 1st and she accepted. (Probably have to move it back for some circumstantial reasons but... it'll all work out.)


I love being a small part of something incomprehensibly big. Everything I do affects someone or something. Everything we ALL do affects everything. Like throwing a rock into a pond.. the ripples go on past the initial impact point. Whether or not we want accept it... it's true. So what kind of a difference will I make... hopefully one for good... no matter how small my rock in the pond.


and in the end,


Elder Trent Jay Merrill

No comments: