Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Emails From Trent Sept 4, 2012

Hey I'm a little late emailing you. I'm sorry the library was closed for labor day. Man, I don't really know what to say.. My district and I get along so good!

This week hasn't happened. It was so fast. There is an old man, Brother Smith, (who looks like WOODY!!) so sick, who we are teaching. His wife is a member, kind of, and we are walking with him everyday and reading the scriptures with him. He's praying about baptism and he is loving the Book of Mormon. I love it. He talks forever though so we end up staying longer than we would like but we can't really do much about that.

The girl we're teaching can't stop smoking so she might not be able to hit her baptismal date. We're praying for her everyday. I hope she can find the strength and the motivation to turn her will to God. Her life is so rough. I want her to be able to have the life she deserves, she deserves better.

We are teaching another girl, whose husband doesn't want anything to do with the church. So it's hard because she's way into it.

We contact a lot of other people but none who are potentials for baptism or reactivation. We have a lot of work to do. I love when I get to work. That's the absolute best. At the end of the day I know I did all that I could to serve God. I don't hold anything back.

Today i'm on splits with Elder Wren. He's so tight. We get along so well. We already had a service project and have a lesson for tonight. We'll just tract if we have spare time or something. I'm the senior companion while I'm with him.

Basically everything is looking up. I need to keep on focusing everyday. Every single day I surrender my will to Gods because my natural will is weak. I trust in him with everything I have and he never lets me fall. I'm so grateful for His love and that I can feel that for even a stranger. It's too cool. I miss and pray for you guys always. I loved the pictures and the package so much. It made everything so much better knowing that I am not alone out here. You guys are supporting me no matter what. That's more comforting than you could ever realize.

I'll get your letters soon and write back when I can. Oh, so yesterday, for P-day, the district went to Fort Ebey and we were on this big cliff that overlooked the ocean. So pretty. Anyways, Elder Wren and I like to do stupid things so I jumped off and started sliding down the side of the huge hill and I couldn't stop so I tried to hold on to all of the weeds and my shoulder popped out. So that sucked. But I'm alright now. It was just funny. Then we threw rocks in the ocean and just chilled while I wanted to die because of my shoulder. Good times.

Also, i had a cool experience that changed everything that i want to share. So one day i was terribly home sick. So i read the Richard G Scott talk and got way lost in it. Like in a good way... so into it. Then on the back i wrote down what i miss about home for some reason. Then i wrote the question "what am i sacrificing on that list to be out here?" and there were a couple things. Then I wrote down "can you sacrifice that short list for only two years, knowing that when you come back it will all still be there PLUS MORE, so that you can give the others the same happiness and love that you have?" And then wrote yes. Ha I don't know why i wrote those down but I look at it every day and then I just take it one day at a time. Kind of cool. just thought I'd share that with you.

So I sent some pictures of my MTC comps Elder Robbins, Elder Crandall and then my district at MTC. Then some view shots. Elder Duncan my handsome companion My lunch I have everyday. My Apartment super sweet. That's all i could fit on this email

Thanks Momma. I have to go now. I have a lesson to teach. I love you so much. Have an amazing week.

No comments: