Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Assembled

On a scale one to ten... I've been really lame about keeping a record of the proceedings in my days. I hate that I just used that language to describe this dilemma. All my jokes are either semi-mission inappropriate or pure Mormon cheesiness (like that thing I did up there). I'm working on changing both of those real quick.


I'm sorry for not giving my heart into the letters lately. It's hard. Once I got out of the habit of writing in my journal for so long my desire to pick it back up has diminished. I feel like I did when I was on family vacations growing up. Lindsay, Mom and Kenna Koo would always want to stop and take pictures when I just wanted to have fun and enjoy the moment. I didn't want to have to take time to capture the images for the future or take time to ponder. I just lived. Now I feel the same way... which is bad. I think it's a sign of a couple things and I don't know why I'm still talking about this instead of writing about my week like I halfway intended to. Procrastination is why. Regardless, I think that my current mindset and habits show that 1. I'm having fun. (good) 2. I'm becoming more careless. (bad) 3. I'm not being responsible or sensitive to others feelings or the future. (bad bad) So... I apologize. I just need to mean it now and do something about it. I commit to writing in my journal every day this week to all of you! Ah why did I do that.................. ah man. Ok I'll do it. Maybe. No I will. Definitely. Possibly. Probably not. No. No way. I change my mind. I don't want to do it. Just kidding. I"ll do it. Maybe.


Let me start by telling you our poorly thought out philosophy that we're acting under right about now. Maybe it will give a little context and reason behind what I'll tell you about... maybe not.I don't know. Just so you know, I don't claim this to be the most well thought out, time proven, Apostolic witnessed plan. It's just an experiment. Basically, to put it eloquently, we're trying anything and everything to blow up this dang area. I'm trying all sorts of different conversation style (all guiding to the PMG lessons don't worry) and we're going to all sorts of places to meet the people that might be prepared to hear the Good Word. We're having a good ole time doing it too. It seems to be working too. We found nine new investigators the past couple days.


I'll tell you a couple stories. (Don't get your hopes up)


We talked to a guy who is a strong Christian and knows a lot about our church. When we talked to him he was carrying some basketball shoes so we said we should play ball sometime. We got his number and he ended up texting us later and invited us to a christian study group later that night. We were like...hey... why not. We're trying anything (within the rules, sweet Mother. Don't you be worryin' about me now) We ended up going to an event called 242 which is in reference to Acts 2:42. Apparently it's just a scripture they really like. Yeah... ha never mind.. So the guy who taught was very charismatic. He spoke like it was like a poetry slam or something. Whole lot of that false doctrine though. For some reason I was kind of surprised. It was basically like reading Alma 1 and he was Nehor. He's cool though cause at the end we met him and were just joking around and making friends with everyone. I didn't think it would be a good move to preach anything in that setting. I wouldn't have taken that well if I were in there shoes. We just primed the pump. The next day on campus we had some people come up to us from that little meeting. It was cool because then it became a good opportunity to share some good ole restored truths. Looky there.


We were walking around campus one night and were talking to each other about how we wish someone would invite us to CCF (Campus Christian Fellowship) because that's where a lot of our investigators go to church so we needed an "in" on that community. As we were walking along the yellow brick road (they have one of those on campus) one of our investigators walked by and invited us to go to CCF ha. It's a Friday night service. So we were like... yep... and off we went to the Christian service with hundreds of college kids. This service was way different than the 242. No false doctrine taught. None. It was beautiful actually... and they taught out of the same bible. I won't go off on what that implies because I'm too lazy right now. Just know that the Book of Mormon is necessary scripture. Man I love that book. It's a good one. I should memorize it someday. Probably won't though. Anyways, we ended up knowing like 20 or more people at this service so we didn't even really feel out of place other than the whole name tag thing. There's a girl who used to be taught by the missionaries about a year ago who was impressed that we came and wants to start meeting again. Good stuff.


A couple months ago I came here on an exchange and talked with a guy who said we should stop by sometime. So when I was transferred here we.. you know... stopped by. He lives with a bunch of interns for CCF. It's called "the home." It's a sick place.(Sick means awesome for the older generation that might not understand) They invited us back to have dinner with them all and so we had some good french toasties with them this week. We had a nice gospel conversation with them after. Cool experience. Not too much has come from that yet because they're pretty set in their ways but we made some good friendships.


Yesterday we stopped by a guy who the sisters talked to a while back. He invited us in and started talking about how much he's loved the Book of Mormon. He's just sat down and said, "I love how it says we need to ponder it in our hearts to find out from God if it's really true." We just smiled. We didn't even really have to teach. We just guided the knowledge he already had into the first lesson and he answered his own questions from it. He'll be baptized soon. He's a prepared soul. Good man.





P.S. Here are some Pictures with a description hopefully in the right order.

.


I hope this picture makes you feel weird...

.


That's just how we do things in the comp

.


She makes me wear suits and take pictures sometimes

.


Ladies and Gentleman, Sister P in the house!

No comments: