Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bright Side of the Hill

Again I find myself torn between the past and the present. It hurt to leave Penn Cove. Why didn't anyone tell me transfers blow? Ha it's alright. Life is different. Mission life. It's a different world when you come into a new area and have to take lead on everything from day one. I'm a district leader now. This is a really big growing opportunity for me. My District is cool. My first District Meeting went pretty well.

So this area (Duvall), hasn't had a single investigator for over six months. It's alright though we'll turn it around. All I need is your prayers and a little help from the angels around me. I'm coming closer to feeling the definition of stress and inadequacy. I'm also coming closer to the understanding of submission. My white flag has been raised. "God grant me the serenity," isn't a too distant phrase from my heart. It's beautiful how in the lowest times, when I have no one, or nothing to work with, Heavenly Father allows me to feel more love than I have ever felt before. My testimony has never been stronger, my body has never been weaker, and my focus has never been clearer. I am stripped of my home, my friends, my comfort zone, my support and what do I have left? Everything. I have everything. I have the knowledge that I am a child of my dear Heavenly Father. Who hasn't forgotten me in this trial. Who is mindful of my pain and my loneliness. I am never alone. I love my Savior. I feel His love for my struggling companion. I feel His love for this area. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and remember how blessed we are to know that we are loved.

Elder Trent Jay Merrill
P.O. Box 1651
Duvall, WA 98019


No comments: