Monday, February 4, 2013

“On a Jet Plane”


I'm leaving.


What a world. What a world. I don't know what comes next till I get a call. It was good to be here while it lasted. I am already missing a lot of the relationships that I built here. When I was told I'd be leaving Big Rock I got really anxious. I was worried about all of the people that I've come to love. A lot of them are going to fall through the cracks and I feel responsible for them. It's all in God's hands now and I just have to take a step back and let go.


Good things happened in this last week of being here. On Thursday we went to a less active members house to do a service project for them and they handed us two big machetes ha. They pointed to the black berry bushes outside and said to cut them back to the far tree. So I looked at Elder Eckman, we both smiled, and went to cut down on those beastly thorns. They fight back! I have some battle wounds to prove it. It was intense. I felt like I was in the jungle cutting my way through a hidden passage. This place is certainly unique. The people are even more original. They will be missed.

Brother and Sister Deboer (Ward Mission Leader) I already miss them

Sheldon Family. Man they were my favorite. I didn't want to say goodbye to them. 

Howlett Family. They have a son out on a mission. They were bomb. Yep.. bomb

I don't have too much more to report. Everything is set up for next week and I won't be able to know what happens with all of the investigators we found. I'm excited for the next chapter that's ahead of me. It's a little bit bigger. A little bit more on my shoulders... but the Lord will help me. Always does.


Love,


Elder Trent Jay Merrill

No comments: