Monday, February 17, 2014

The Winds of Chance and Change: February 17, 2014

Greetings from the unknown world to most of civilized humanity. I only slightly exaggerate the new area in which I serve. It's actually quite wonderful here.  I have learned much about humility, diligence, and keeping the wallet in my front pocket. Life lessons learned.
 
It's been quite a  bit different to be in a family ward again. I don't exactly know how I feel about it. My teaching style and finding "kills" have revolved around people my own age. Now I'm back with the adults. I need to adapt and figure out how to be effective with this new demographic. Tips?
 
After a somewhat long day of knocking around  the neighborhoods we came across a wonderful miracle. A guy came to the door after we knocked with not too much faith. He said, "stay right there, hold on." So we did. He came back and invited us in while he was still talking on the phone. He hung up the phone and smiled. We started talking with him and learned that he has one of the most beautiful  hearts and desires I've ever felt and seen. Since that day we've met two more times and gave him a tour of the church. He said to us the other day that, as he prayed, he heard Heavenly Father tell him this was the right path for him. His  heart is pure. His mind is a little imperfect and has a lot of anxiety. We are praying to know what we can do to help him follow the promptings he's received. It might take a while. I love that man.
 
I don't know what else to say. I'm quite sick these days. I should be getting over it soon... says the hope inside of me. So I'm having a hard time remembering what happened. All in all... I'm glad to be here in Granite Falls. I'm going to learn, fail, and grow. Manhood here I come.
 
When all is said and done... there's just not much more to say.
 
 
Elder Trent  Jay Merrill

No comments: