Tuesday, August 7, 2012

About the first week in the MTC

Well I'll tell you about my experience here so far:

It's been the best of times. It's been the worst of times. I finally understand what that means. I have felt the spirit here so strongly that I cannot ever deny that the Holy Ghost is real and does testify truth. Jesus Christ is my savior and I am nothing without him. The first day that I came here it didn't even hit me that I wouldn't see you guys for so long. I was just going along, playing the fool, not really knowing what lay ahead of me. Now, I see the journey that I am going to take and it isn't going to be easy. I have so much to learn that it's just ridiculous. I'll get there though.

I was called to be the District Leader. I didn't feel ready for that calling at all but I accepted it and I am doing my best to be there for my boys. I am in a companionship with two other Elders. So it's a threesome type deal. One of the elders is a big, video gaming, guy from Layton . He is so wise and I have learned a lot from him. My other companion is a wrestler from American Fork. He has one of the best hearts I have ever known. He is really struggling here and is very open about it with me and I'm grateful for that. I love them both and the companionship is truly inspired. The whole MTC is full, it's the most full it's ever been I guess. We are in a room with six beds and my companions and I are the only ones in our room. Everyone elses is full. I feel blessed for that. My district has nine Elders.

I am doing really well for the most part. I love learning here and I love my teachers. I get along really well with my district and we all love each other. The hardest times for me are at night when I'm not distracted.

So write me if you want and on Prep-days I will try and respond. I love getting those letters, (just like momma told me I would ha). I have so much to tell you guys but I don't have much time. I'm trying to be exactly obedient in the rules here so that I can receive the blessings I need to continue this amazing work.

Alright I have to go now. I love and miss you guys.

No comments: