Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm in Paradise

I'm in paradise. I'm on an island called Oak Harbor that has continuous unobstructed views of the ocean. I am the furthest west I can be in this mission. So... pretty cool. My companion is also a district leader and he goes home after he trains me. I can learn a lot from him.

My schedule has been pretty all over the place because of meetings this first week. For the most part I wake up, work out, study hard, and then get to freaking work. The only time I'm not home sick is when i'm working. So that's all I want to do. It's weird though because even when I'm missing you guys, i still won't consider going home. I actually get more pumped to teach people because I still have something called hope. Something that they don't have and something that I can give to them. I also absolutely love sharing this gospel. How can I keep my mouth shut when I have the answer to everyone's questions that they don't even know they have? I love it.

So the first day I got here they gave me a phone and I got in a car and listened to some hip christian music. It was such a drastic change from the MTC. I never thought I'd miss that place but here I am missing it already. Mostly I just miss the people. I had my first lesson the first night as well. I taught a girl named Brandi and asked her to be baptized and she said yes. So... pretty sick. I've been doing a lot of service and I am giving every single ounce of effort I have.

Oh, and we have a two-story condo all to ourselves. We have the nicest pad. 2011 corolla. Not much to complain about on a superficial level. But anyways, the first night we had a planning session Elder Duncan just made the plans and then wrote the goals after. So according to the MTC and my ignorant experience in missionary work i was like, hey how about we set goals first and then make the plans to reach it. He was like, "ok." So we do that now and we kick more butt.

So one time I was mowing an investigators lawn and it took forever and i thought no one could hear me over the mower so i was just praying to God for a couple hours and it felt awesome. But I was wrong about the first part... the people could hear me. That's OK. They're moving anyways so now they have another weird mormon story to tell their friends.

That's all i can really think of right now. I have so much happen to me every day that I don't know how to include everything/anything. The ward is awesome. Penncove ward. The bishop is Gordon B. Hinckley. Just kidding but he's basically him. The ward mission leader is funny and so nice. We have dinner at members houses every single night. I eat super healthy for the first two meals of the day and then they feed me pizza and roast beef for dinner ha. Oh well.

I love you guys too much. I hope all is well with you. Two years seems mighty long not to see you. I look at your pictures everyday (all four of them) so go ahead and send me more pictures of whatever is going on in your life. I don't want to come home a stranger and you be a stranger to me. Bye.


P.S.
I have been tracting only a little bit. We've had pretty good success with that actually. I love it. i'm going to play at fort casey with the youth in the ward. I drove past deception point and it's so beautiful. So you said the cousins are liking my emails you should tell them to write me. I need some support out here.

No comments: