Tuesday, October 23, 2012

J.J.'s party

My family,

I especially missed you this week. No particular reason… I just did. It was an amazing week at the same time. It seems when the most intense emotions arise, no matter its specificity, the opposite is there along with it. I looked back on my journal and saw the drastic feelings from day to day and hour to hour. It was almost ridiculous. I noted that whenever I found myself in a low valley of depression there must be, by definition, a mountain nearby… to take me up to that spiritual high that I know is close by. The neutrality of the world doesn't exist here anymore.

That's me cutting some wood for an investigator
So last week I told you that I was going bowling with J.J. for her daughter’s birthday. I felt like a normal human being again. Not so much as a title… but a friend who cares for her and her family. J.J. invited a couple other families to come and I talked with them and they were so interested in the idea of this mission I’m on. They are really intrigued and actually came to a ward party we had on Friday because of it. So… we are being very blessed.

All of us at the party with J.J.

An hour before Carl’s baptism, his wife called us and told us how she forgot about Carl’s infection that can’t get wet. So we drained the font and called everyone to make sure they didn’t show up. We drove home defeated with my blue tie soaking up the tears. It’s still going to happen.

I gave a talk in church yesterday. I talked about, “If Love Were Our Only Motive.” I based it off of a talk by Russell T. Osguthorp. I doubt that’s really how you spell his name but you get the idea. I think it went well. I also think it was horrible... so I’m not sure how I actually feel about it.

My name on the program so you don't think I'm a liar


I had a philosophical battle in my head last night. It wasn’t very productive. I just realized that it would take way too long to type it and I’m feeling too lazy to erase this paragraph that I already typed so I’ll just be aloof and stop talking. I love you,

Elder Trent Jay Merrill

That's me thuggin' it with my sweet old, Elder Duncan


P.S:
Just the other day we were helping someone move and there was this old safe that i was holding and the lady opened it because she forgot what was in there and it was just death. She put a dead hampster in there about a year ago to get rid of it later i guess. I had to take a lap around the house because it just killed me. haha oh man i've never smelled anything so bad in my entire life.

No comments: