Thursday, November 1, 2012

Walking on Blessings

Monday Oct 29, 2012

Ah my family. Man, I hope you are all happy. It's been a good and quick week for me. I am now senior companion (only because that's part of the training program) so that's been pretty fun. I don't know how much changed this week but I had a couple of cool experiences.

We came over to see a lady that we've been teaching. She's going through some tough times. I felt really bad for her. We were talking to her and reading from the Book of Mormon a little bit and in the middle of it all, the spirit told me to tell her I love her.
I was like, "Spirit, what!?"
and it was like, "tell her you love her."
I was like, "that's awkward spirit."
"don't argue with me"
So I cleared my throat to get the attention on me and then made an awkward transition into me telling her how much I cared about her. That I could actually feel the love from Heavenly Father for her. And I really could. It was so powerful that I was almost getting emotional telling her about how I felt and how God felt about her. It was cool. She had a little fleck of hope in her eyes that was never there before. I'm glad I wasn't too scared to listen to the prompting because I normally would shake those kinds of thoughts off. I'm a coward.

We had a ward Halloween party on Saturday and it was pouring rain. Absolutely pouring. I was soaked because I had to keep going out in the rain to set things up inside of the big tent that everyone was in. So that was fun. J.J. showed up too so we had a good ole time together. We made a game to shoot marshmallows out of some PVC pipe and hit targets to get some candy. It was a big deal. Lines going out the door into the rain. They couldn't handle it. Too much fun.


So.....I'm being very blessed. You guys must be praying for me and my investigators or something. I'm not baptizing everyone I see. (Which would be sick. Ha) But....I don't know... I'm helping people. I really am doing good in the world. And it's not even me. Anyone can do this. They just need to feel the way I do. It's amazing to feel this way. To feel love and concern. I was so cynical and hardened. And I meet people like that our here. I just want to give them my memories. So they know that change isn't very far away. It extends with redemptive power to anyone who receives our message.

Well only two more weeks to go until inevitable change. I hope it's the good kind. Either way I think it'll be alright. Life's pretty good out here in the real world. I still find a smile close by when we're walking in the rain. I'm never too far away from a miracle. Walking on blessings. I don't want this to go away.

Cheers to you,

Elder Trent Jay Merrill

No comments: