Monday, November 19, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Greetings everyone. I love you.

So this week was what we've all been waiting for... just kidding i'm sure you weren't waiting for it... but I have definitely been waiting for this for a long time. I got a new companion, Elder Pectol. I love him. We are just tearing it up out here. Crazy things are happening. I also have new challenges... which is good. I need some failure to keep me in the right frame of mind. Of my own nothingness. Ooh I love when that really sinks in. When I really feel so powerless and hopeless that I spend the day almost bruising my knees so that I can have relief. I am a little too hard on myself sometimes... maybe.

First things first: Elder Pectol. He's from Heber City Utah. He likes sports, the beatles and skateboarding. He also is entirely chill with everything. He's a great missionary.

The PECTOLNATOR!! 
Me and Him

Him and Me
 

Second: Crazy things are happening. So for some reasons all of these miracles hitting us in the face. We got a referral from mormon.org to visit a man. Apparently, those referrals don't work out very often so my hopes weren't too high when we contacted him. We tried his address the first night and he said come back another time. So we went back the next day and he wasn't there. He called later that night and said to come back. So we went back there the next day and sat down with him. We asked him what he was hoping to get with meeting with us and he said, "Oh I just want to join your church." Ha so... hopefully we can help him out with that one.

We got another referral from a lady in our ward. So we contacted that referral and he came to church with us yesterday. He's this biblical and philosophical scholar... kind. So he knows a lot of the deep doctrine of the church so that's going to be an intense lesson. We clicked right off the bat though so I'm not too worried. Plus, I don't really have to ever worry because the spirit is my best buddy out here and hasn't let me down.

I just did P90x again today. I've done it so many times. I keep upping the reps every time so I am kicking Tony Horton's butt!! Yes I do have P90x memorized now. So I do the chest and back two times a week and legs and shoulders (a mixture work out) once a week. Then jump rope the other three days.

That's awesome about Merissa. Tell her congrats for me. (Trent's cousin just received her mission call to Concepcion Chili!)

It's pretty cool here because I feel like I know everyone really well. And everyone knows me. So they all come up to me at church and we joke around. And in ward council they ask my opinion and I am really involved with it all. It feels pretty good. I don't want to leave this place. It'll be way weird and hard to adjust.. but in all likelihood i'll be going to a new area a week before Christmas. No good.

So that's all for now folks,

Elder Trent Jay Merrill.

Fam Fam: I'm excited for Thanksgiving because 1: it's p-day and we'll play some sick sports because Elder Pectol likes playing ball and stuff. 2: it's thanksgiving. yummy food. 3: no other reason but I hate to leave a list at 2. Are you excited for thanksgiving? It's not my P-day today but we have permission to email since p-day got moved to thanksgiving day and the libraries won't be open then. pretty sweet!!

No comments: