Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Never Made My Bed

Well... wow. A lot is about to change. I'm excited. So this week we had a meeting with all the zone leaders at President Wilson's house. We talked about the mission, about rules and what needs to be changed and how we can help the mission. Pretty cool. I was very humbled to be there... I definitely felt out of place ha. We know that four of the stakes here in the mission will be going to the Seattle Mission in July so if I'm serving in either the Bothel, Redmond, Kirkland or Shorline Stake at that time I'll be changing missions. Crazy. All of my friends in the Big Rock ward won't be in my mission anymore... woof.


The other day it was just beautiful weather in the morning and then out of no where it started to pour some rain upon our little faces. Soaking wet, trying to find people to talk to... loved it. Whenever we visit someone on the ward list we knock on their door and then two doors to the right and two to the left... It works sometimes. We did that again and on the second one to the right this guy gave us a weird look and then invited us in. He was like, "Why are you guys out there in the rain like this?" Then I said something stupid... So he took some serious pity on us and we were able to teach him the first lesson and now we have another lesson with him tonight. Can't give up... When the rain starts coming then we keep pushing. Literal, Figurative, it doesn't matter... We have a work to do. Nothing can stop it from progressing. I'll just quietly get off my soap box now.


So this week I was on an exchange with a Elder Young in his area. It was my favorite one so far. I've looked up to him since he picked me up from the airport my first day here in the mission. He goes home next week. We were doing some service for a guy in his ward in the morning and while we were dumping the leaves off in the bushes we came across a sketchy old rope swing ha. We just stared at it and then looked at each other and then we gave in... I'm weak. We were on a big hill, so went to the very top and then jumped as far as we could and almost died. Not really but man that was the funnest thing I've done in a long time ha. Then we got back to work. There's my bad example for the week.


Elder Trent Jay Merrill

No comments: