Monday, December 16, 2013

An account of the ministry


And it came to pass in these days that there went up a man to the font of Lynnwood who was there baptized by one having authority given him from God. And Sean, being the one who was baptized by one having the authority given him from God (for no man taketh that authority unto himself unless he is called of God,) then entered into the covenant that shall last from all eternity to all eternity if he but heeds the counsel from the Father recorded in ancient and holy writ, "Yea, the words of my beloved are true and faithful, he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved." Now Sean, of Bothell, will henceforth hearken unto that counsel and be saved, I so do declare.

.


Well I'm not too sure what that was all about but there was some serious truth going on in that pretentious and forced prose of a paragraph. Sean was in deed baptized. What more can I say.... The spirit testified to my mind and heart of the necessity of this ordinance under the proper priesthood authority. I felt the roots of my testimony growing deeper into every part of me. I am becoming a witness of the majesty and power of the Holy Ghost. I am nothing without it... sometimes worse.. and now Sean can have that same gift that changes people from the inside out.

If you're looking for a good story, stay tuned... because you might just find one here in a little bit. Friday the 13th seemed to live up to it's infamy this year. It started out like most good adventures do, with a little road trip down to Everett, Washington. We had a nice doctor's appointment for my friend's footsies (Sister P adds "ies" to the end of everything and it's catching on to my vocabulary: i.e. "how many toasties would you like this morning, my cute one?" Man... Life is too good.) That's not the story though. Hold on. While on our way back home movin' along and singin' our song we noticed that some colorful lights were dancing behind us. We followed our natural inclination which is to move over so the lights can move on past us to the true culprit... but the lights seemed to have another motive in mind. We meet the no-nonsense lady cop on the passenger side of the car where I then sat. She came and went leaving us with a verbal warning. So, counting our many blessings we drove our way to lunch and met up with Maria who was going home for the break later that day. We enjoyed some coco kenny's and off we went to find, teach and baptize. We get in the car and started to pull out of the parking lot. My companion looks left and right making sure no one is coming.... looks clear... blinker is on... turning... turning... BOOM! What's up Lexus! Didn't see you there... how you doin'. Smell ya later bumper. Good to know you licences plate. We'll catch you another time. Plowed that fancy side of a car. Mr. Lexus came out of his car and put his hand up to stop us because my comp was a little flustered and kept moving back and forth not quite sure what to do with himself. In my slight immaturity, I kept celebrating because it was my first car accident and it felt... oh so good. The cops started to pull up and the rain was sprinkling on my half smile of a face. While taking pictures of the damage I saw a certain cop emerge from the flashing lights. While ducking under the door slightly, my companion asked, "Is that the same cop!?" You betcha, sir. It was the same lady cop we met just an hour or so ago. She hadn't seen us yet and then made her way over to us... she stopped and yelled, "Are you serious, guys!?" And my comp just says, "It's been a bad day...." Hahha ah man... I love that stuff. So, I realize how heartless I sound.. but just keep in mind that no one got hurt. Just some [people's] pride. But I'm sure that will turn around soon enough too. Friday the 13th, ladies and gentleman. It's real. Go ahead and slap a doctrinal stamp on it.

Well just a couple other things happened this week that I'll fire off: President Bonham came out and taught and contacted with us. It was nice.

James is super golden and will be baptized here in the coming weeks. 18th of January is the date but it might be moved up.

We're getting back in contact with Kelly soon who is still the nicest person I've ever met.

My companion and I discovered that one of the Bishopric counselors is the man and we just want him to like us.

For scripture memorizing this week we're doing Luke 2 so we can have that sweet ole Christmas story in our minds all the time.

Sister P made a whole bunch of crazy yummy smelling cookies last night and I ate approximately... none. Seven months till sexy. Can't mess that up.

I met a girl who was on her way to bible study the other day and now she's almost read the whole book of Alma and has been texting us all about it. Just got to open your mouth and some good stuff can come out. Thank you, scriptural promises! You sure do come in handy.

I got your package parentals. I am just so garsh darn excited it makes me feel all giddy inside... that was soo sweet of you. Sister P put the gifts underneath the tree. Thank you so much! I love you!

.


And I'm a mormon,

Elder Trent Jay Merrill

No comments: