Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cheers


Top class. Thanksgiving was a dream: Wearing all sorts of argyle sweaters, socks and too tight of jeans. Martinelli toasts and a whole bunch of laughs. It was the closest to home with a couple hundred miles apart. Maria, Kaitlyn and Howard (a legendary missionary who came to visit) were all there with us and Sister P. In the morning Elder Pymm and I went to play some Turkey Bowl Football with the ward. It was a good ole time. We pulled out the guitar and let Elder Pymm take us away into sweet memories. I tried and failed. Tends to be a pattern lately.

Lindsay and others have been asking about my new companion so here's some info on the beloved, Elder Pymm: He's from Idaho Falls (Mom he's a Bonneville Bee!) Wrestler, football player and a charmer. His birthday was on Thanksgiving so we had to have that "bro talk" till 2am. That's how you know it's a good companionship. Bro talk. I like the way we teach together too. We both like to be obedient and work hard. I've been pretty lucky to have companions like that for a lot of my mission. I'm missing out on a lot of life lessons to be learned though... catch 22?

I truly do not remember much about what went on this week. Our investigators were all out of town for thanksgiving break. No one was on campus or in their apartments. My knuckles finally got to hit the doors that its long since forgotten. I actually liked this week. It made me appreciate everything we usually have going on. We found a new investigator a little bit a go and he's preparing to be baptized for the 18th of January. So that was pretty cool. Another one is still on for the 14th of December. We also have one that is supposed to be baptized this weekend but.... he's kinda flakin' out. We got to see what's going on with him. It's been causing me a lot of stress. I hope you can shoot a couple prayers his way. He needs it.

Well, all in all, my mind is blank and distracted. I love you.


High Pinky and Low Tummy,

Elder Trent Jay Merrill

No comments: